quenta eldatencelion: the first wiki Tolkienian essay??

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2005
      some of you might be aware of the text 'Quenta
      Eldantencelion'.. an old and buggy version of which
      can be found in Gwaith... some other better version
      has been honoured by being translated into Italian and
      another language I think

      having full knowledge that it is far from being
      satisfactory to all, that it represents only one point
      of view, and also not claiming any authorship or
      intellectual property, I am planning of 'porting' it
      into a wikibook (en.wikibooks.org)

      I know that few, (if not many) people already disagree
      with some theories I present in some points of the
      'book', and have made some interesting and useful
      notations (like Thornsten) which I could not
      incorporate to it the time I received them

      I believe the future wiki nature of the book will fix
      these problems (I am sure it will create some others
      as well) since the objectors will be able to 'fix' it
      with their own thoughts, so that the theories wil be
      as neutral as possible, and the document will maybe
      reach some point of common agreement

      My intention is, also, about every, say, 6 months, to
      collect (aka copy-paste and edit) all the new
      information and publish, distribute or upload it as a
      file

      So I want to ask, if any of you is aware of the wiki
      systems and policy, your opinion, and of course if it
      would be legal... I hope also, if it proves to be
      plausible (and of course legal), that other 'scholars'
      also will use wiki systems for writing documents about Elvish