Re: [elfscript] translation

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 6, 2005
      > Hello , i am new to this site... I am wondering if anyone can translate
      two phrases 1)"A ray" as in a ray of light, and the phrase "Blessed be"
      into high elven "Quenya" I am quite confused about how to do this.

      Ray of light: _Alca_.

      "Blessed be": There are several possibilities. "Be" should apparently be
      _na_. For "blessed" there are almost too many alternatives, including
      _aistana_, _laitana_, _almárea_, _herenya_, _alya_, _mána_ or
      _manna_...with certain shades of meaning distinguishing them, we must
      assume. Please refer to my Ardalambion wordlists to study alternative
      glosses that may help you find the shade of meaning you want.

      And is your next question how to spell this in Tengwar?

      - HKF
    • diego de lima costa
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 20, 2005
        Hi! I need help! What the translation "I will fear no evil" to Quenya?
        Is it possible? I think it's not possible, but... If anybody know it,
        please, answer me.
        Thank a lot.

        Diego.

        PS.: I'm brasilian.
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 21, 2005
          > Hi! I need help! What the translation "I will fear no evil" to Quenya?
          > Is it possible? I think it's not possible, but...

          _Lá rucuvan ulcullo_ may do (not I-will-fear evil-from). But doesn't this
          question belong on Elfling?

          - HKF
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 21, 2005
            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "diego de lima costa" <zeutrix@t...>
            wrote:

            > Hi! I need help! What the translation "I will fear no evil" to
            > Quenya?

            Hi Diego,
            if you want a translation to Quenya, then contact this group:

            Here, we can help you transcibe either the English or the Quenya
            sentence in some of the Tolkien's writing systems.

            Lucy
          • Palatinus
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 21, 2005
              What was that Google list about hit-and-fade
              translations?

              > Hi Diego,
              > if you want a translation to Quenya, then contact
              > this group:
              >
              > Here, we can help you transcibe either the English
              > or the Quenya
              > sentence in some of the Tolkien's writing systems.
              >
              > Lucy

              Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
            • tinaemelie
              Message 6 of 11 , May 14, 2006
                Hi, would be so thankfull if someone could check if I've translated this text
                right: If you trust anything, trust love. into Sindarin: Esteliach nad, estelio
                meleth. Thanks....