Re: [elfscript] translation

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 3, 2005
      look for ardalambion online where you will find both
      grammar/lessons and vocabularies.. the old address was
      www.ardalambion.com but it doesnt work now.. ust
      google it and you should find the exact address

      as for your phrases, just a vocabulary will suffice..
      only that you shouldn't look for the article 'a' in
      Quenya since it doesn't exist... to say 'a ray' you
      just say 'ray'

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 6, 2005
        > Hello , i am new to this site... I am wondering if anyone can translate
        two phrases 1)"A ray" as in a ray of light, and the phrase "Blessed be"
        into high elven "Quenya" I am quite confused about how to do this.

        Ray of light: _Alca_.

        "Blessed be": There are several possibilities. "Be" should apparently be
        _na_. For "blessed" there are almost too many alternatives, including
        _aistana_, _laitana_, _almárea_, _herenya_, _alya_, _mána_ or
        _manna_...with certain shades of meaning distinguishing them, we must
        assume. Please refer to my Ardalambion wordlists to study alternative
        glosses that may help you find the shade of meaning you want.

        And is your next question how to spell this in Tengwar?

        - HKF
      • diego de lima costa
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 20, 2005
          Hi! I need help! What the translation "I will fear no evil" to Quenya?
          Is it possible? I think it's not possible, but... If anybody know it,
          please, answer me.
          Thank a lot.

          Diego.

          PS.: I'm brasilian.
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 21, 2005
            > Hi! I need help! What the translation "I will fear no evil" to Quenya?
            > Is it possible? I think it's not possible, but...

            _Lá rucuvan ulcullo_ may do (not I-will-fear evil-from). But doesn't this
            question belong on Elfling?

            - HKF
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 21, 2005
              --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "diego de lima costa" <zeutrix@t...>
              wrote:

              > Hi! I need help! What the translation "I will fear no evil" to
              > Quenya?

              Hi Diego,
              if you want a translation to Quenya, then contact this group:

              Here, we can help you transcibe either the English or the Quenya
              sentence in some of the Tolkien's writing systems.

              Lucy
            • Palatinus
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 21, 2005
                What was that Google list about hit-and-fade
                translations?

                > Hi Diego,
                > if you want a translation to Quenya, then contact
                > this group:
                >
                > Here, we can help you transcibe either the English
                > or the Quenya
                > sentence in some of the Tolkien's writing systems.
                >
                > Lucy

                Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
              • tinaemelie
                Message 7 of 11 , May 14, 2006
                  Hi, would be so thankfull if someone could check if I've translated this text
                  right: If you trust anything, trust love. into Sindarin: Esteliach nad, estelio
                  meleth. Thanks....