translation

  • Stacey Spainhour
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hello , i am new to this site... I am wondering if anyone can translate two phrases 1)"A ray" as in a ray of light, and the phrase "Blessed be" into high elven "Quenya" I am quite confused about how to do this. Also can anyone recommend a book that helps with translations and learning the Tolkien languages? Blessings,~ Stacey

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 3, 2005
        look for ardalambion online where you will find both
        grammar/lessons and vocabularies.. the old address was
        www.ardalambion.com but it doesnt work now.. ust
        google it and you should find the exact address

        as for your phrases, just a vocabulary will suffice..
        only that you shouldn't look for the article 'a' in
        Quenya since it doesn't exist... to say 'a ray' you
        just say 'ray'

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 6, 2005
          > Hello , i am new to this site... I am wondering if anyone can translate
          two phrases 1)"A ray" as in a ray of light, and the phrase "Blessed be"
          into high elven "Quenya" I am quite confused about how to do this.

          Ray of light: _Alca_.

          "Blessed be": There are several possibilities. "Be" should apparently be
          _na_. For "blessed" there are almost too many alternatives, including
          _aistana_, _laitana_, _almárea_, _herenya_, _alya_, _mána_ or
          _manna_...with certain shades of meaning distinguishing them, we must
          assume. Please refer to my Ardalambion wordlists to study alternative
          glosses that may help you find the shade of meaning you want.

          And is your next question how to spell this in Tengwar?

          - HKF
        • diego de lima costa
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 20, 2005
            Hi! I need help! What the translation "I will fear no evil" to Quenya?
            Is it possible? I think it's not possible, but... If anybody know it,
            please, answer me.
            Thank a lot.

            Diego.

            PS.: I'm brasilian.
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 21, 2005
              > Hi! I need help! What the translation "I will fear no evil" to Quenya?
              > Is it possible? I think it's not possible, but...

              _Lá rucuvan ulcullo_ may do (not I-will-fear evil-from). But doesn't this
              question belong on Elfling?

              - HKF
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 21, 2005
                --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "diego de lima costa" <zeutrix@t...>
                wrote:

                > Hi! I need help! What the translation "I will fear no evil" to
                > Quenya?

                Hi Diego,
                if you want a translation to Quenya, then contact this group:

                Here, we can help you transcibe either the English or the Quenya
                sentence in some of the Tolkien's writing systems.

                Lucy
              • Palatinus
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 21, 2005
                  What was that Google list about hit-and-fade
                  translations?

                  > Hi Diego,
                  > if you want a translation to Quenya, then contact
                  > this group:
                  >
                  > Here, we can help you transcibe either the English
                  > or the Quenya
                  > sentence in some of the Tolkien's writing systems.
                  >
                  > Lucy

                  Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
                • tinaemelie
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 14, 2006
                    Hi, would be so thankfull if someone could check if I've translated this text
                    right: If you trust anything, trust love. into Sindarin: Esteliach nad, estelio
                    meleth. Thanks....