Re: Help?

  • lestat_the_aristocra7
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 8 12:27 PM

      > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "lestat_the_aristocra7"
      > <lestat_the_aristocra7@y...> wrote:
      > > > I was wondering if anyone had a bit of extra time to translate
      > these
      > > > words into Sindarin Cursive using Tengwar..Or what ever would look
      > > > most appealing.
      > > >
      > > > Hope
      > > > Dream
      > > > Mother
      >
      > Hi,
      > I guess you wanted these words translated into Sindarin/Quenya and
      > then transcribed in the Tengwar Cursive, right? :)
      >
      > So, here is the Sindarin part:
      > hope: _estel_ (LR App. A)
      > dream: _ôl_ (E:370, 379)
      > mother: _naneth_ (E:348, 374)
      >
      > Now, you could try to write it down in the Tengwar on your own,
      > huh? :) Take the Tengwar table (you can find it in the Appendix E of
      > the Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King, or e.g. here:
      > http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/teng-sin.pdf).
      >
      > How to write the words on your own:
      > _estel_:
      > tehta mode: silme nuquerna (30)-accute accent above it / tinco (1) /
      > lambe (27)-accute accent above it
      > full mode: yanta (35) / silme (29) / tinco (1) / yanta (35) / lambe
      > (27)
      >
      > _ôl_:
      > tehta mode: long carrier (looks like a _j_ without a dot)-open to
      > right curl above it / lambe (37)
      > full mode: anna (23)-accute accent above it / lambe (27)
      >
      > _naneth_:
      > tehta mode: númen (17) / númen (17)-triple dot above it / thúle/súle
      > (9)-accute accent above it
      > full mode: óre (21) / stemless calma (looks like _c_) / óre (21) /
      > yanta (35) / thúle/súle (9)
      >
      > Or, if you download a PC font
      > (http://sweb.cz/calwen.rudh/Fonts&guides.htm), here you are the
      > appropriate codes (just copy/paste them into a word editor and switch
      > the font to the Tengwar font):
      >
      > _estel_:
      > tehta mode: IR1j$
      > full mode: l81lj
      >
      > _ôl_:
      > tehta mode: ~Nj
      > full mode: hVj
      >
      > _naneth_:
      > tehta mode: 55#3F or 55#3R
      > full mode: 6]6l3
      >
      > Hope this helps.
      > Lucy

      Is this right..in the order hope mother dream....I'll save it in the
      photos section under the name helplestat.
    • i_degilbor
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 8 5:45 PM
        Teithant lestat:
        > Is this right..in the order hope mother dream....I'll save it in
        the
        > photos section under the name helplestat.

        Not quite. It looks like you were trying to transcribe the English
        words into tengwar. I've added an image in the Photo section
        entitled 'forlestat.jpg'. It has both the English and the Sindarin
        words in tengwar. I hope that helps.

        Cuio mae, Danny.
      • lestat_the_aristocra7
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 8 10:22 PM
          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "i_degilbor"
          <Uialdil_i_degilbor@m...> wrote:

          > Teithant lestat:
          > > Is this right..in the order hope mother dream....I'll save it in
          > the
          > > photos section under the name helplestat.
          >
          > Not quite. It looks like you were trying to transcribe the English
          > words into tengwar. I've added an image in the Photo section
          > entitled 'forlestat.jpg'. It has both the English and the Sindarin
          > words in tengwar. I hope that helps.
          >
          > Cuio mae, Danny.

          Yes...those were attempts from a while ago.....

          Thank you so much for your help! ^____^
        • Samantha Scrivani
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 9 3:30 PM
            I was wondering if anyone had a bit of extra time to translate these Hope into Sindarin, and Quenya using Tengwar. I've been searching high and low and this forum is my last hope

            Thank you. If no one has the time, I'll try to figure it out...however its taking me alot of time. i'm not so great with languages. Thank you again for your time.

          • lestat_the_aristocra7
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 9 10:51 PM
              --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Samantha Scrivani <sscrivani23@y...>
              wrote:
              > I was wondering if anyone had a bit of extra time to translate these
              Hope into Sindarin, and Quenya using Tengwar. I've been searching
              high and low and this forum is my last hope

              > Thank you. If no one has the time, I'll try to figure it
              out...however its taking me alot of time. i'm not so great with
              languages. Thank you again for your time.

              look under the photos 'forlestat'
              someone did hope for me in Sindarin....^________^
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 10 12:11 AM
                <sscrivani23@y...> wrote:
                > I was wondering if anyone had a bit of extra time to translate
                these Hope into Sindarin, and Quenya using Tengwar. I've been
                searching high and low and this forum is my last hope

                > Thank you. If no one has the time, I'll try to figure it
                out...however its taking me alot of time. i'm not so great with
                languages. Thank you again for your time.

                It's _estel_ in both Quenya and Sindarin, though the transcription is
                different.

                See the picture:

              • Samantha Scrivani

                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 13 12:00 AM
                    Sam,
                    I HAVE answered you in the message #4488:

                    ***
                    <sscrivani23@y...> wrote:
                    > I was wondering if anyone had a bit of extra time to translate
                    these Hope into Sindarin, and Quenya using Tengwar. I've been
                    searching high and low and this forum is my last hope

                    > Thank you. If no one has the time, I'll try to figure it
                    out...however its taking me alot of time. i'm not so great with
                    languages. Thank you again for your time.

                    It's _estel_ in both Quenya and Sindarin, though the transcription is
                    different.

                    See the picture:

                    ***

                    so maybe you should read the posts before you state such observation:

                    --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Samantha Scrivani
                    [...]