Help?

  • lestat_the_aristocra7
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 7, 2004
      I was looking to make some elvish things for my mom who is a big fan
      of LoTR.
      I was wondering if anyone had a bit of extra time to translate these
      words into Sindarin Cursive using Tengwar..Or what ever would look
      most appealing.

      Hope
      Dream
      Mother

      Thank you so much. If no one has time I can understand.
      I am tryign to figure it out..but it's taking me quite a bit of time.
    • lestat_the_aristocra7
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 7, 2004
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "lestat_the_aristocra7"
        <lestat_the_aristocra7@y...> wrote:

        > I was looking to make some elvish things for my mom who is a big fan
        > of LoTR.
        > I was wondering if anyone had a bit of extra time to translate these
        > words into Sindarin Cursive using Tengwar..Or what ever would look
        > most appealing.
        >
        > Hope
        > Dream
        > Mother
        >
        > Thank you so much. If no one has time I can understand.
        > I am tryign to figure it out..but it's taking me quite a bit of time.

        Or Quenya....either is good.

        I just want something that I can use to make her something :)
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 8, 2004
          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "lestat_the_aristocra7"
          <lestat_the_aristocra7@y...> wrote:
          > > I was wondering if anyone had a bit of extra time to translate
          these
          > > words into Sindarin Cursive using Tengwar..Or what ever would look
          > > most appealing.
          > >
          > > Hope
          > > Dream
          > > Mother

          Hi,
          I guess you wanted these words translated into Sindarin/Quenya and
          then transcribed in the Tengwar Cursive, right? :)

          So, here is the Sindarin part:
          hope: _estel_ (LR App. A)
          dream: _ôl_ (E:370, 379)
          mother: _naneth_ (E:348, 374)

          Now, you could try to write it down in the Tengwar on your own,
          huh? :) Take the Tengwar table (you can find it in the Appendix E of
          the Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King, or e.g. here:
          http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/teng-sin.pdf).

          How to write the words on your own:
          _estel_:
          tehta mode: silme nuquerna (30)-accute accent above it / tinco (1) /
          lambe (27)-accute accent above it
          full mode: yanta (35) / silme (29) / tinco (1) / yanta (35) / lambe
          (27)

          _ôl_:
          tehta mode: long carrier (looks like a _j_ without a dot)-open to
          right curl above it / lambe (37)
          full mode: anna (23)-accute accent above it / lambe (27)

          _naneth_:
          tehta mode: númen (17) / númen (17)-triple dot above it / thúle/súle
          (9)-accute accent above it
          full mode: óre (21) / stemless calma (looks like _c_) / óre (21) /
          yanta (35) / thúle/súle (9)

          Or, if you download a PC font
          (http://sweb.cz/calwen.rudh/Fonts&guides.htm), here you are the
          appropriate codes (just copy/paste them into a word editor and switch
          the font to the Tengwar font):

          _estel_:
          tehta mode: IR1j$
          full mode: l81lj

          _ôl_:
          tehta mode: ~Nj
          full mode: hVj

          _naneth_:
          tehta mode: 55#3F or 55#3R
          full mode: 6]6l3

          Hope this helps.
          Lucy
        • lestat_the_aristocra7
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 8, 2004

            > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "lestat_the_aristocra7"
            > <lestat_the_aristocra7@y...> wrote:
            > > > I was wondering if anyone had a bit of extra time to translate
            > these
            > > > words into Sindarin Cursive using Tengwar..Or what ever would look
            > > > most appealing.
            > > >
            > > > Hope
            > > > Dream
            > > > Mother
            >
            > Hi,
            > I guess you wanted these words translated into Sindarin/Quenya and
            > then transcribed in the Tengwar Cursive, right? :)
            >
            > So, here is the Sindarin part:
            > hope: _estel_ (LR App. A)
            > dream: _ôl_ (E:370, 379)
            > mother: _naneth_ (E:348, 374)
            >
            > Now, you could try to write it down in the Tengwar on your own,
            > huh? :) Take the Tengwar table (you can find it in the Appendix E of
            > the Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King, or e.g. here:
            > http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/teng-sin.pdf).
            >
            > How to write the words on your own:
            > _estel_:
            > tehta mode: silme nuquerna (30)-accute accent above it / tinco (1) /
            > lambe (27)-accute accent above it
            > full mode: yanta (35) / silme (29) / tinco (1) / yanta (35) / lambe
            > (27)
            >
            > _ôl_:
            > tehta mode: long carrier (looks like a _j_ without a dot)-open to
            > right curl above it / lambe (37)
            > full mode: anna (23)-accute accent above it / lambe (27)
            >
            > _naneth_:
            > tehta mode: númen (17) / númen (17)-triple dot above it / thúle/súle
            > (9)-accute accent above it
            > full mode: óre (21) / stemless calma (looks like _c_) / óre (21) /
            > yanta (35) / thúle/súle (9)
            >
            > Or, if you download a PC font
            > (http://sweb.cz/calwen.rudh/Fonts&guides.htm), here you are the
            > appropriate codes (just copy/paste them into a word editor and switch
            > the font to the Tengwar font):
            >
            > _estel_:
            > tehta mode: IR1j$
            > full mode: l81lj
            >
            > _ôl_:
            > tehta mode: ~Nj
            > full mode: hVj
            >
            > _naneth_:
            > tehta mode: 55#3F or 55#3R
            > full mode: 6]6l3
            >
            > Hope this helps.
            > Lucy

            Is this right..in the order hope mother dream....I'll save it in the
            photos section under the name helplestat.
          • i_degilbor
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 8, 2004
              Teithant lestat:
              > Is this right..in the order hope mother dream....I'll save it in
              the
              > photos section under the name helplestat.

              Not quite. It looks like you were trying to transcribe the English
              words into tengwar. I've added an image in the Photo section
              entitled 'forlestat.jpg'. It has both the English and the Sindarin
              words in tengwar. I hope that helps.

              Cuio mae, Danny.
            • lestat_the_aristocra7
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 8, 2004
                --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "i_degilbor"
                <Uialdil_i_degilbor@m...> wrote:

                > Teithant lestat:
                > > Is this right..in the order hope mother dream....I'll save it in
                > the
                > > photos section under the name helplestat.
                >
                > Not quite. It looks like you were trying to transcribe the English
                > words into tengwar. I've added an image in the Photo section
                > entitled 'forlestat.jpg'. It has both the English and the Sindarin
                > words in tengwar. I hope that helps.
                >
                > Cuio mae, Danny.

                Yes...those were attempts from a while ago.....

                Thank you so much for your help! ^____^
              • Samantha Scrivani
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 9, 2004
                  I was wondering if anyone had a bit of extra time to translate these Hope into Sindarin, and Quenya using Tengwar. I've been searching high and low and this forum is my last hope

                  Thank you. If no one has the time, I'll try to figure it out...however its taking me alot of time. i'm not so great with languages. Thank you again for your time.

                • lestat_the_aristocra7
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 9, 2004
                    --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Samantha Scrivani <sscrivani23@y...>
                    wrote:
                    > I was wondering if anyone had a bit of extra time to translate these
                    Hope into Sindarin, and Quenya using Tengwar. I've been searching
                    high and low and this forum is my last hope

                    > Thank you. If no one has the time, I'll try to figure it
                    out...however its taking me alot of time. i'm not so great with
                    languages. Thank you again for your time.

                    look under the photos 'forlestat'
                    someone did hope for me in Sindarin....^________^
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 10, 2004
                      <sscrivani23@y...> wrote:
                      > I was wondering if anyone had a bit of extra time to translate
                      these Hope into Sindarin, and Quenya using Tengwar. I've been
                      searching high and low and this forum is my last hope

                      > Thank you. If no one has the time, I'll try to figure it
                      out...however its taking me alot of time. i'm not so great with
                      languages. Thank you again for your time.

                      It's _estel_ in both Quenya and Sindarin, though the transcription is
                      different.

                      See the picture:

                    • Samantha Scrivani

                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 13, 2004
                          Sam,
                          I HAVE answered you in the message #4488:

                          ***
                          <sscrivani23@y...> wrote:
                          > I was wondering if anyone had a bit of extra time to translate
                          these Hope into Sindarin, and Quenya using Tengwar. I've been
                          searching high and low and this forum is my last hope

                          > Thank you. If no one has the time, I'll try to figure it
                          out...however its taking me alot of time. i'm not so great with
                          languages. Thank you again for your time.

                          It's _estel_ in both Quenya and Sindarin, though the transcription is
                          different.

                          See the picture:

                          ***

                          so maybe you should read the posts before you state such observation:

                          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Samantha Scrivani
                          [...]