OT: One Ring Celebration January 14-16, 2005 Pasadena, Ca.

  • daleglen2004
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2004
      January 14, 15 & 16, 2005
      ONE RING CELEBRATION
      Pasadena Center
      300 E. Green St
      Pasadena, Ca.
      CONFIRMED LORD OF THE RINGS GUESTS!
      Sean Astin, Billy Boyd, Brad Dourif, Bruce Hopkins, and John Rhys-
      Davies are all confirmed to appear at the One Ring Celebration, and
      we anticipate many more to come!

      SCREENING OF THE TRILOGY!
      We will be screening, from DVD, the complete Extended Editions of
      all three films!

      Fan Film and Video Screenings
      Aspiring Tolkien filmmakers will be able to showcase their work in
      our fan film and video screening room. The best of these submissions
      will be shown at the convention.

      Yahoo group for questions ORCinCA

      UPDATE!! Guidelines for fan film submissions are now posted.

      COSTUMING GALORE!
      "Create a Little Piece of Middle Earth at Home"
      This track will present several techniques on fashion recreations
      for the many races of Middle-earth. Costumes, armor, prosthetics,
      and general design themes from the movie trilogy will be discussed.
      Come see how you can transform yourself into your favorite LOTR
      character!

      Middle-earth Fashion Show and Costume Contest
      If you have a MIddle-earth costume, we want to see it. The rules and
      registration info will be posted soon, so make sure you find that
      perfect trim and bring your costumes with you.

      Yes, there is something for the kids!
      Bring the kids and let them learn how to apply Elf Ears, create
      Tolkien themed arts and crafts, read some of Tolkien's classics out
      loud, and participate in a Sing-a-long with TORn's very own Singing
      Gandalf!

      LOTR Art Show
      Are you artistically inspired by the world of Middle-earth, or the
      characters that dwell within it? ORC will feature a comprehensive
      Tolkien themed Art Show. Get out your easels and be prepared to
      share your passion and creativity. All forms of art will be
      welcomed, including 3D, sculpture, and others.

      Dealers Room and LOTR Exhibit
      We will have exhibitors from around the world featuring arts, crafts
      and licensed Tolkien and LOTR merchandise. Sideshow Weta
      Collectibles will display their beautiful line of LOTR collectibles
      as well as their awesome full size recreations of Gollum, ORC
      warriors and more- don't miss this!

      Middle Earth Breakfast and Charity Auction
      A charity auction will be held Sunday morning for select fans with a
      silent auction benefiting several charities.

      The One Ring Awards Celebration
      Join us for the first annual awards show for all things Tolkien. In
      a similar tradition to the previous Golden Gandalf's, 'The One Ring
      Awards' will incorporate art, literature, film and the spirit of
      Tolkien. More details will be announced shortly.

      This is just the beginning, there is so much more planned that we
      are still working around the clock to organize it all. Fan fiction,
      gaming, music, 'Ringers: Lord of the Fans,' Elvish lessons, and
      Tolkien Academia to name just a fraction of it all. Watch this
      website over the coming months, or sign up for the mailing list, and
      learn what else we'll add to the mix.
      http://www.oneringcelebration.com
      Thanks for reading and hope to see you there!