Re: Can anyone translate my first name???

  • mysticmurray
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2002
      * look at http://fly.to/elm.. if your name is not there, "man of
      the sea" would best translate as "Earon"

      * What about Lord of the sea? - although Earon sounds really good.

      so that must mean that "ciryaquen" must mean "man of the boat" then?
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2002

        teithant mysticmurray

        > What about Lord of the sea? - although Earon sounds really good.

        * Eartur or Eartar...

        > so that must mean that "ciryaquen" must mean "man of the boat" then?

        * yes.. sailor

      • mysticmurray
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2002
          Thanks for that

          So my name (Murray James) in Quenya is either Earon Encaitaro
          or Eartur Encaitaro

          Which do you reckon I should choose? I am tempted to go for Eartur
          and drop the o off Encaitar...