Re: [elfscript] Can anyone translate my first name???

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2002

      teithant Andre Khalip

      >    With all that name debate, I started to wonder

      whether Andrei can be translated into something nice,
      rather than Veaner which I don't like too much.
      Apparently, the name means "manly", "man" and so on.
      Veanor would be better, but nor is country, right? Any
      help most welcome..

      * How about Veon?

    • mysticmurray
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2002
        * look at http://fly.to/elm.. if your name is not there, "man of
        the sea" would best translate as "Earon"

        * What about Lord of the sea? - although Earon sounds really good.

        so that must mean that "ciryaquen" must mean "man of the boat" then?
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2002

          teithant mysticmurray

          > What about Lord of the sea? - although Earon sounds really good.

          * Eartur or Eartar...

          > so that must mean that "ciryaquen" must mean "man of the boat" then?

          * yes.. sailor

        • mysticmurray
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2002
            Thanks for that

            So my name (Murray James) in Quenya is either Earon Encaitaro
            or Eartur Encaitaro

            Which do you reckon I should choose? I am tempted to go for Eartur
            and drop the o off Encaitar...