Re: Sarati Vowels

  • darthjed88
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
      > My knowledge of Sarati is quite limited but as far as I know, the
      > vowels are written beside (left or right) the sarat (unlike the
      > tehtar that are placed above - or under, to be precise - the
      > tengwar). It seems that long voewls can be placed either on a long
      > carrier or doubled and placed above (I think) an appropriate
      sarat. I
      > know nothing about the diphthongs.
      >
      > Sorry, Lucy

      What I mean is, would they be written in sarati the same way as they
      are in tengwar. Would the ah sound be written with an a diacritic,
      the ehh with an e, the aiie with the ae, and so on?
    • j_mach_wust
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "darthjed88" <airwaterwind@g...> wrote:

        > > My knowledge of Sarati is quite limited but as far as I know, the
        > > vowels are written beside (left or right) the sarat (unlike the
        > > tehtar that are placed above - or under, to be precise - the
        > > tengwar). It seems that long voewls can be placed either on a long
        > > carrier or doubled and placed above (I think) an appropriate
        > sarat. I
        > > know nothing about the diphthongs.
        > >
        > > Sorry, Lucy
        >
        > What I mean is, would they be written in sarati the same way as they
        > are in tengwar. Would the ah sound be written with an a diacritic,
        > the ehh with an e, the aiie with the ae, and so on?

        There are differences. But I don't know what sounds you mean. Why do
        you have a _h_ in _ah_, what does _aiie_ have to do with _ae_?

      • darthjed88
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 14, 2004
          Alright. The tengwar make use of an ah as in father, an eh/uh as in
          were, an ee as in machine, an oh as in for, and an ooh as in brute.
          Are these also used in the sarati, or are there different sounds
          attached to the vowel signs? That is all I want to know.