Sarati Vowels

  • darthjed88
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2004
      Are the vowels used in the sarati, and the dipthongs as well, the
      same as they are with the tengwar? To wit, ah, eh/uh, eeh, ohh, and
      ooh. Thanks in advance
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "darthjed88" <airwaterwind@g...>
        wrote:

        > Are the vowels used in the sarati, and the dipthongs as well, the
        > same as they are with the tengwar? To wit, ah, eh/uh, eeh, ohh, and
        > ooh. Thanks in advance

        My knowledge of Sarati is quite limited but as far as I know, the
        vowels are written beside (left or right) the sarat (unlike the
        tehtar that are placed above - or under, to be precise - the
        tengwar). It seems that long voewls can be placed either on a long
        carrier or doubled and placed above (I think) an appropriate sarat. I
        know nothing about the diphthongs.

        Sorry, Lucy
      • darthjed88
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
          > My knowledge of Sarati is quite limited but as far as I know, the
          > vowels are written beside (left or right) the sarat (unlike the
          > tehtar that are placed above - or under, to be precise - the
          > tengwar). It seems that long voewls can be placed either on a long
          > carrier or doubled and placed above (I think) an appropriate
          sarat. I
          > know nothing about the diphthongs.
          >
          > Sorry, Lucy

          What I mean is, would they be written in sarati the same way as they
          are in tengwar. Would the ah sound be written with an a diacritic,
          the ehh with an e, the aiie with the ae, and so on?
        • j_mach_wust
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "darthjed88" <airwaterwind@g...> wrote:

            > > My knowledge of Sarati is quite limited but as far as I know, the
            > > vowels are written beside (left or right) the sarat (unlike the
            > > tehtar that are placed above - or under, to be precise - the
            > > tengwar). It seems that long voewls can be placed either on a long
            > > carrier or doubled and placed above (I think) an appropriate
            > sarat. I
            > > know nothing about the diphthongs.
            > >
            > > Sorry, Lucy
            >
            > What I mean is, would they be written in sarati the same way as they
            > are in tengwar. Would the ah sound be written with an a diacritic,
            > the ehh with an e, the aiie with the ae, and so on?

            There are differences. But I don't know what sounds you mean. Why do
            you have a _h_ in _ah_, what does _aiie_ have to do with _ae_?

          • darthjed88
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 14, 2004
              Alright. The tengwar make use of an ah as in father, an eh/uh as in
              were, an ee as in machine, an oh as in for, and an ooh as in brute.
              Are these also used in the sarati, or are there different sounds
              attached to the vowel signs? That is all I want to know.