Re: Transcription help

  • aphadiol
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 11, 2004
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "j_mach_wust" <machhezan@g...>
      wrote:

      > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "aphadiol" <felagund@f...> wrote:
      >
      > > I'd like to post it, but I have no opportunity to write with
      tengwar
      > > here on the PC of the universiti (°%@&# admins blocked the Fonts
      > > folder so I can't install tengwar fonts and I don't have net
      > > connection at home... :(
      > >
      > > If you can find a solution for this problem, please tell me!
      >
      > That's an easy one (more or less): You can use the Quenya names to
      > refer to the tengwar. They are e.g. on Måns Björkman's site:
      >
      > http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/teng_names.htm
      >
      > The only problem is that we don't really have names for the tehtar
      > (the diacritics), but you can describe them roughly, e.g. three dots
      > (pointing upwards/downwards), (single) dot (above/below), left-curl
      > (i.e. curl open to the left), etc.

      Well, thanks anyway... ;)

      Don't you think that I know all the names of the tengwar? Well I do ;)
      But it's a long sentence and it'd be complicated to decipher a
      complete sentence in this way...

      Anyway I'm tryin' to post it in .doc form.

      Lin thenin!
      Aphadiol

      > ---------------------------
      > j. 'mach' wust
      > http://machhezan.tripod.com
      > ---------------------------
    • aphadiol
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 11, 2004
        > Well, thanks anyway... ;)
        >
        > Don't you think that I know all the names of the tengwar? Well I
        do ;)
        > But it's a long sentence and it'd be complicated to decipher a
        > complete sentence in this way...
        >
        > Anyway I'm tryin' to post it in .doc form.
        >
        > Lin thenin!
        > Aphadiol

        Siniath!

        I've posted it under the code name of tengwar.doc ;)
        Please share your comments with me!

        Aphadiol