Re: New file uploaded to elfscript

  • Estel
    Message 1 of 91 , Oct 8, 2004
      > It is not common in Quenya, as far as I know. There is _oi_ as a
      > diphthong - not _oia_ as you would transcribe it. There are few
      > possibilities of 'shortening' the transcription but they are based
      on
      > (more or less) reasonable explanations (not only in Quenya -
      Tengwar
      > transcription).
      >
      > Christopher Tolkien is used to do this in his English texts (see
      for
      > example the texts throughout the HoMe series).
      >
      > Lucy

      Okay, thanks...It does look fine even with the short carrier and the
      a-tehta...it isn't really that long. I was just wondering. But
      thanks once again for your help, I will try to get my hands on a
      copy of the HoME. Now to find a jeweller who WILL engrave
      tengwar...:D
      Thank you!
      Estel
    • elfscript@yahoogroups.com
      Message 91 of 91 , Jul 7, 2009
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the elfscript
        group.

        File : /check request/havehope.jpg
        Uploaded by : gcbosma <gcbosma@...>
        Description : Should read Have Hope in Sindarin, Sindarin Classic mode, Tengwar Annatar cursive script

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        gcbosma <gcbosma@...>