Re: Transcription help

  • j_mach_wust
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 8, 2004
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "aphadiol" <felagund@f...> wrote:

      > I'd like to post it, but I have no opportunity to write with tengwar
      > here on the PC of the universiti (°%@&# admins blocked the Fonts
      > folder so I can't install tengwar fonts and I don't have net
      > connection at home... :(
      >
      > If you can find a solution for this problem, please tell me!

      That's an easy one (more or less): You can use the Quenya names to
      refer to the tengwar. They are e.g. on Måns Björkman's site:

      http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/teng_names.htm

      The only problem is that we don't really have names for the tehtar
      (the diacritics), but you can describe them roughly, e.g. three dots
      (pointing upwards/downwards), (single) dot (above/below), left-curl
      (i.e. curl open to the left), etc.

      Hope that helps.

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 8, 2004
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "aphadiol" <felagund@f...> wrote:
        > > You don't even want us to check it? ;)
        > >
        > > Lucy
        >
        > I'd like to post it, but I have no opportunity to write with
        tengwar
        > here on the PC of the universiti (°%@&# admins blocked the Fonts
        > folder so I can't install tengwar fonts and I don't have net
        > connection at home... :(
        >
        > If you can find a solution for this problem, please tell me!
        >
        > Truly yours!
        > Aphadiol

        :)) Make a bitmap of it at home (where you have possibility to
        install Tengwar fonts) and upload it to the Files section of this
        group and post us the name (link) of the picture. If you need any
        technical kind of info, contact me personally to my email address
        (you can choose to reply to me only when sending the post).

        Lucy
      • aphadiol
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 11, 2004
          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "j_mach_wust" <machhezan@g...>
          wrote:

          > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "aphadiol" <felagund@f...> wrote:
          >
          > > I'd like to post it, but I have no opportunity to write with
          tengwar
          > > here on the PC of the universiti (°%@&# admins blocked the Fonts
          > > folder so I can't install tengwar fonts and I don't have net
          > > connection at home... :(
          > >
          > > If you can find a solution for this problem, please tell me!
          >
          > That's an easy one (more or less): You can use the Quenya names to
          > refer to the tengwar. They are e.g. on Måns Björkman's site:
          >
          > http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/teng_names.htm
          >
          > The only problem is that we don't really have names for the tehtar
          > (the diacritics), but you can describe them roughly, e.g. three dots
          > (pointing upwards/downwards), (single) dot (above/below), left-curl
          > (i.e. curl open to the left), etc.

          Well, thanks anyway... ;)

          Don't you think that I know all the names of the tengwar? Well I do ;)
          But it's a long sentence and it'd be complicated to decipher a
          complete sentence in this way...

          Anyway I'm tryin' to post it in .doc form.

          Lin thenin!
          Aphadiol

          > ---------------------------
          > j. 'mach' wust
          > http://machhezan.tripod.com
          > ---------------------------
        • aphadiol
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 11, 2004
            > Well, thanks anyway... ;)
            >
            > Don't you think that I know all the names of the tengwar? Well I
            do ;)
            > But it's a long sentence and it'd be complicated to decipher a
            > complete sentence in this way...
            >
            > Anyway I'm tryin' to post it in .doc form.
            >
            > Lin thenin!
            > Aphadiol

            Siniath!

            I've posted it under the code name of tengwar.doc ;)
            Please share your comments with me!

            Aphadiol