Re: Transcription help

  • aphadiol
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 8, 2004
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "calwen76" <calwen.rudh@s...>
      wrote:

      > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "aphadiol" <felagund@f...> wrote:
      > I wrote:
      > > > Hello,
      > > >
      > > > so why don't you send us your draft? :)
      > > >
      > > > Lucy
      >
      > Aphadiol wrote:
      > > Sorry, I maneged to do it myself after Christopher Tolkien's
      mode
      > in
      > > the HoME series.
      > > And my friend was well pleased with that (though she is also a
      > > Tolkien-expert :D)
      > >
      > > Thanks anyway!
      > > Aphadiol
      > > (It's a bit ironic that this was the same sentence that began
      that
      > > flame war :D)
      >
      > Well, according to your movie-like usage of Sindarin, there is no
      > surprise. :)
      >
      > You don't even want us to check it? ;)
      >
      > Lucy

      I'd like to post it, but I have no opportunity to write with tengwar
      here on the PC of the universiti (°%@&# admins blocked the Fonts
      folder so I can't install tengwar fonts and I don't have net
      connection at home... :(

      If you can find a solution for this problem, please tell me!

      Truly yours!
      Aphadiol
    • j_mach_wust
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 8, 2004
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "aphadiol" <felagund@f...> wrote:

        > I'd like to post it, but I have no opportunity to write with tengwar
        > here on the PC of the universiti (°%@&# admins blocked the Fonts
        > folder so I can't install tengwar fonts and I don't have net
        > connection at home... :(
        >
        > If you can find a solution for this problem, please tell me!

        That's an easy one (more or less): You can use the Quenya names to
        refer to the tengwar. They are e.g. on Måns Björkman's site:

        http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/teng_names.htm

        The only problem is that we don't really have names for the tehtar
        (the diacritics), but you can describe them roughly, e.g. three dots
        (pointing upwards/downwards), (single) dot (above/below), left-curl
        (i.e. curl open to the left), etc.

        Hope that helps.

        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 8, 2004
          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "aphadiol" <felagund@f...> wrote:
          > > You don't even want us to check it? ;)
          > >
          > > Lucy
          >
          > I'd like to post it, but I have no opportunity to write with
          tengwar
          > here on the PC of the universiti (°%@&# admins blocked the Fonts
          > folder so I can't install tengwar fonts and I don't have net
          > connection at home... :(
          >
          > If you can find a solution for this problem, please tell me!
          >
          > Truly yours!
          > Aphadiol

          :)) Make a bitmap of it at home (where you have possibility to
          install Tengwar fonts) and upload it to the Files section of this
          group and post us the name (link) of the picture. If you need any
          technical kind of info, contact me personally to my email address
          (you can choose to reply to me only when sending the post).

          Lucy
        • aphadiol
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 11, 2004
            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "j_mach_wust" <machhezan@g...>
            wrote:

            > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "aphadiol" <felagund@f...> wrote:
            >
            > > I'd like to post it, but I have no opportunity to write with
            tengwar
            > > here on the PC of the universiti (°%@&# admins blocked the Fonts
            > > folder so I can't install tengwar fonts and I don't have net
            > > connection at home... :(
            > >
            > > If you can find a solution for this problem, please tell me!
            >
            > That's an easy one (more or less): You can use the Quenya names to
            > refer to the tengwar. They are e.g. on Måns Björkman's site:
            >
            > http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/teng_names.htm
            >
            > The only problem is that we don't really have names for the tehtar
            > (the diacritics), but you can describe them roughly, e.g. three dots
            > (pointing upwards/downwards), (single) dot (above/below), left-curl
            > (i.e. curl open to the left), etc.

            Well, thanks anyway... ;)

            Don't you think that I know all the names of the tengwar? Well I do ;)
            But it's a long sentence and it'd be complicated to decipher a
            complete sentence in this way...

            Anyway I'm tryin' to post it in .doc form.

            Lin thenin!
            Aphadiol

            > ---------------------------
            > j. 'mach' wust
            > http://machhezan.tripod.com
            > ---------------------------
          • aphadiol
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 11, 2004
              > Well, thanks anyway... ;)
              >
              > Don't you think that I know all the names of the tengwar? Well I
              do ;)
              > But it's a long sentence and it'd be complicated to decipher a
              > complete sentence in this way...
              >
              > Anyway I'm tryin' to post it in .doc form.
              >
              > Lin thenin!
              > Aphadiol

              Siniath!

              I've posted it under the code name of tengwar.doc ;)
              Please share your comments with me!

              Aphadiol