Re: New file uploaded to elfscript

    Message 1 of 91 , Oct 8, 2004
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Estel" <nnsaeed@h...> wrote:

      > > Where would you like to place the following A-tehta? Above yanta
      > > beside the O-tehta? It's not possible (the transcriber chanced to
      > be
      > > right).
      > > See some texts written by Tolkien himself (e.g. Namárie
      > > transcription), in the concrete the word _Oilosseo_.
      > >
      > > Lucy
      >
      > I was thinking below the yanta....or would it nno longer be an A-
      > tehta if placed below? I will check transcriptions for reference,
      > but any help you could give me would be much appreciated.
      >
      > Estel

      It is not common in Quenya, as far as I know. There is _oi_ as a
      diphthong - not _oia_ as you would transcribe it. There are few
      possibilities of 'shortening' the transcription but they are based on
      (more or less) reasonable explanations (not only in Quenya - Tengwar
      transcription).

      Christopher Tolkien is used to do this in his English texts (see for
      example the texts throughout the HoMe series).

      Lucy
    • elfscript@yahoogroups.com
      Message 91 of 91 , Jul 7, 2009
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the elfscript
        group.

        File : /check request/havehope.jpg
        Uploaded by : gcbosma <gcbosma@...>
        Description : Should read Have Hope in Sindarin, Sindarin Classic mode, Tengwar Annatar cursive script

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        gcbosma <gcbosma@...>