Re: Sindarin / Tengwar

  • Alyssa
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2004
      The word entwined doesnt actually exist as far as i could find...
      just something like entangle, or enmesh.... i dunno..

      do i just translate it specifically by letter? or find a word that
      is actually a word in sindarin that would be the same meaning and
      then get the translation for that?

      I could use the font and write it myself but i really want an
      accurate word/translation for what im trying to say.

      thanks =o)

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2004
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Alyssa" <sorshat@y...> wrote:
        > The word entwined doesnt actually exist as far as i could find...
        > just something like entangle, or enmesh.... i dunno..
        >
        > do i just translate it specifically by letter? or find a word that
        > is actually a word in sindarin that would be the same meaning and
        > then get the translation for that?
        >
        > I could use the font and write it myself but i really want an
        > accurate word/translation for what im trying to say.

        So: here is the pic I made:

        There are four rows, first 2 showing 'entwined' in two designs, and 2
        rows (the longer ones) showing *_gonathrannen / gonathren_# but these
        two are not for sure (now I mean the translation from English to
        Sindarin).

        As far as this fact I'd propose to choose the English word: and
        please, have it checked by the others of this groups, one never knows
        whether a slip or a mistake wouldn't appear here and there :))
        Lucy

        #We don't know but the Noldorin verb(al stem) for 'entangle, enmesh':
        _gonathra-_ (V:354), root NAT-. If I were to follow the few examples
        we have of passive, I would say *_gonathr(ann)en_.
      • Alyssa
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2004
          Thank you very much Lucy!!

          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "calwen76" <calwen.rudh@s...>