Re: Quenya Study-Buddy

  • elimloth
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30 9:31 PM
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Turelie" <snickers_blk@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > I know some of you are just beginning your studies in Quenya, so I
      > would like to extend an invitation.[...] Quenya Study-Buddy was
      designed with you in mind.

      How is this new group different/better than the current
      quenya_study_group or quenya?
      E.
    • Turelie
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
        As this is essentially the same question you emailed me, I'm going
        to be lazy and paste part of my response here. ;)

        I am certainly not one to say my group is better than any other, but
        I am more than happy to tell you more about us. Quenya Study-Buddy
        is also an existing group, founded in Feb '04 and with about 50
        members. We are simply starting over because things died over the
        summer. Between internet problems, family emergencies, vacations,
        etc., we lost several members, but we at the same time we gained
        even more new ones that need to cover the basics. So I thought that
        it would be nice to extend an invitation to anyone else interested
        in doing the course.

        My own experience with quenya_study_group was basically that it did
        not suit my needs. I felt sort of lost in the shuffle and I felt
        like I was so far behind I would never catch up. That feeling is
        main reason we focus on a particular course of study and cater
        *specifically* to those new to Quenya. I would imagine we are still
        considerably smaller, and strive to know as many people as we can
        personally, as well as making it a fun place to be. Most of our
        communication to date is through y!m and group chat, or even one-on-
        one emails. It is my understanding that the group Quenya actually
        requires most of their posts to be in the language so it's clearly
        not for beginners.

        It is also interesting to note that QSB literally has it's roots in
        the elfling group. It is actually where I met the founding members.
        I posted a query seeking a buddy to study with and the individual
        response was overwhelming. So many people wanted to try it that I
        actually wound up creating the group so we would have a common place
        to post and chat.

        Turelie