Re: [elfscript] Hey there every one

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002

      teithant Murray James

      > I am currently investigating Quenya so that I can

      immerse myself more within the world of Arda. I know
      that Sindarin is derived from Quenya, so I though it
      best to look into High Elven first. I joined this list

      * aiya!!

      good move studying Quenya first.. but Quenya is not the origin of Sindarin.. these two languages were "cousins", both descendants of Common Elvish.. quenya is more "archaic" though, while sindarin was more changeable...

    • mysticmurray
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002
        Oh, I didn't know. I knew there was some sort of relationship between
        the two. Tolkien's languages are amazing, and yet remakably simple
        for what they are. Im not saying it's easy to study though :)

        Imagine trying to leard Entish!