Re: lambe nuquerna?

  • j_mach_wust
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27 2:51 AM
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Arden R. Smith <erilaz@e...> wrote:

      > Certainly those names would describe the letters adequately, but
      > whether Tolkien would have ever used them is a different matter
      > entirely.

      The description is what I need. I'll have to mark explicitly that
      these descriptions aren't ever used by Tolkien. I think now that
      perhaps _reversed lambe_ is less mistakable than _lambe nuquerna_
      since the latter might be taken for a Tolkien name after all by
      people who don't know that _nuquerna_ just means _reversed_ (at least
      in this context).

      > Unfortunately, the unpublished manuscripts are of no help in this
      > regard. To all appearances, Tolkien had stopped using these
      > particular letters before he started inventing names for the
      > tengwar.

      Interesting. Thanks for the reply.