Re: [elfscript] Re: Help me please

    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 23, 2004
      > On Sep 20, 2004, at 2:01 AM, calwen76 wrote:
      >
      > > My suggestion to Brendon (and Pat and Carl would probably agree) is to
      get the English sentence (All we have to decide is what to do with the time
      given to us) transcribed in Tengwar and get this tattooed.

      That is what I said too, if he needs a text that is ABSOLUTELY certain. In
      this field, we rarely deal with absolutes (whether when analyzing Tolkien's
      own material, or when composing in Eldarin ourselves). After all, the
      subject matter itself constantly changed and mutated inside Tolkien's head.
      For that reason it is rarely possible to compose substantial texts in
      Elvish that can be definitely demonstrated to be entirely in agreement with
      Tolkien's ideas (the ideas themselves changing so often), but often it
      would be equally different to prove that the more serious attempts to use
      Tolkien's words and grammar definitely include errors. Rather it is simply
      one person's gut feeling vs. that of another.

      - HKF
      Message 31 of 31 , Sep 23, 2004