Hey there every one

  • Murray James
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002
      Hello there,

      I am currently investigating Quenya so that I can
      immerse myself more within the world of Arda. I know
      that Sindarin is derived from Quenya, so I though it
      best to look into High Elven first. I joined this list
      in hope that if ever I get stuck, or have a question
      to ask, someone will be able to answer it and point me
      in the right direction. I think I have got Quenya
      pronunciation sorted. So I'm happy at the moment, now
      it's on to more complicated things.

      Thanks very much

      Mystic

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002

        teithant Murray James

        > I am currently investigating Quenya so that I can

        immerse myself more within the world of Arda. I know
        that Sindarin is derived from Quenya, so I though it
        best to look into High Elven first. I joined this list

        * aiya!!

        good move studying Quenya first.. but Quenya is not the origin of Sindarin.. these two languages were "cousins", both descendants of Common Elvish.. quenya is more "archaic" though, while sindarin was more changeable...

      • mysticmurray
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002
          Oh, I didn't know. I knew there was some sort of relationship between
          the two. Tolkien's languages are amazing, and yet remakably simple
          for what they are. Im not saying it's easy to study though :)

          Imagine trying to leard Entish!