OT Re: [elfscript] Helge's intellectual dishonesty

  • finsen@optusnet.com.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2004
      > I have already shown that this is a dishonest and false representation
      > of my actual claim. But I want to further highlight Helge's
      > intellectual dishonesty by pointing out that here Helge has not only
      > quoted me selectively, but has deliberately attempted to change the
      > meaning of what he did quote by substituting his own qualifying
      > adjective, "mere" (one of his dismissive favorites), for my own, which
      > was "essentially". For what I wrote was:
      >
      > "it [the sentence] is essentially a word-for-word translation of the
      > source English sentence"
      >
      > where "essentially" means: "at bottom or by one's (or its) very nature;

      So what you are _really_ saying is that he was essentially right all along? Or
      essentially wrong? Or essentially what he was really attempting to imply was that
      <insert whatever wizbang theory is needed>?

      Wow, essentially you can have a "each way bet" and have essentially what ever the
      sentence needs to essentially be.

      Fascinating really the use of words like "essentially" and "imply" etc. are required to
      help convey the hidden and deeper meaning of a sentance. Methinks a certain person
      has been reading one too many "conspiracy theories" (a-la _the DaVinci Code_).

      caio
      Graeme