Re: [elfscript] help with writing with the font

  • Harri Perälä
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
      Gildor Inglorion wrote:

      > teithant keeper_of_the_arctic_flame
      > > I'd like to write my name "Kirsi" with "Tengwar Quenya" font...
      >
      > * write "aG6iG" with this font and you will have the desired result
      [That is, calma+i óre silme(nuquerna)+i]

      My own reply was perhaps unnecessarily long and confusing, so let me
      explain how our answers relate. The above is how the name is written in
      the mode of writing normally used for Quenya. (In my reply, I forgot to
      mention that óre, not rómen, should be used for preconsonantal r in this
      mode.) Now that I reread the original message, "Quenyan" is indeed
      mentioned, so I quess this is what was wanted.

      Just in case, I'll also clarify something that is often confused: the
      Tengwar Quenya font can be used for writing in any mode and language;
      the name is just a name. For example, the "Finnish LotR" spelling I
      suggested would be zG7iG with this font.

      --
      Harri Perälä perala@... http://www.sci.fi/%7ealboin/
    • keeper_of_the_arctic_flame
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002