Re: [elfscript] Re: SPRING!!! was OT: Raspberries

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2004
      Graeme wrote:

      > :-)
      > "Dorkhoth" is a personal favourite of mine.

      Yeah, that is one of the more imaginative insults we've heard from CFH over
      the years. "Ass" was so obviously an inferior effort. I don't know if
      you've seen the movie _War Games_, but there's a delightful scene where one
      NORAD technician calls a general a "pig-eyed sack of shit", and the
      laughing general responds: "I was hoping for something a little better than
      that from you, sir -- a man of your education!" When CFH called me an
      "ass", that scene came back to me...

      Funny...about the worst I have ever said about CFH is that he has a major
      problem with deadlines, even deadlines set by himself for himself -- and
      since he has repeatedly stated these deadlines in public, this observation
      must be an objective fact rather than an insult.

      -HKF
    • Carl F. Hostetter
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2004
        On Sep 6, 2004, at 5:35 AM, Helge K. Fauskanger wrote:

        > Funny...about the worst I have ever said about CFH is that he has a
        > major
        > problem with deadlines, even deadlines set by himself for himself --
        > and
        > since he has repeatedly stated these deadlines in public, this
        > observation
        > must be an objective fact rather than an insult.
        >
        > -HKF

        Helge, you've placed your own picture online: so, by your reasoning,
        any observations I would make about it could only be objective fact,
        never insult.

        Good to know.
      • ravenduongladash
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 8, 2004
          Actually (having finally got back on the list, maybe I should set the
          email option?) I would have to agree with Carl on this one. By
          definition their is no deadline for VT other than what the
          contributors and editors decide to set for it. Hence there is no
          real "deadline" that VT needs to fulfil and it would be apparent that
          any timeline posted by the ET would be an estimate.

          And incidentally there is very little native fruit you can eat here
          in Australia (vis-à-vis raspberries), not without much soaking,
          pounding, grinding and throwing away of the fruit and eating the
          implements...without dying. But this is kindof off-topic don't you
          agree?

          O well, back to work.

          caio
          Graeme