Re: SPRING!!! was OT: Raspberries

  • ravenduongladash
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
      <snip>

      ..at least he isn't comparing me to
      > Morgoth this time.)

      :-)
      "Dorkhoth" is a personal favourite of mine.

      caio
      Graeme
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2004
        Graeme wrote:

        > :-)
        > "Dorkhoth" is a personal favourite of mine.

        Yeah, that is one of the more imaginative insults we've heard from CFH over
        the years. "Ass" was so obviously an inferior effort. I don't know if
        you've seen the movie _War Games_, but there's a delightful scene where one
        NORAD technician calls a general a "pig-eyed sack of shit", and the
        laughing general responds: "I was hoping for something a little better than
        that from you, sir -- a man of your education!" When CFH called me an
        "ass", that scene came back to me...

        Funny...about the worst I have ever said about CFH is that he has a major
        problem with deadlines, even deadlines set by himself for himself -- and
        since he has repeatedly stated these deadlines in public, this observation
        must be an objective fact rather than an insult.

        -HKF
      • Carl F. Hostetter
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2004
          On Sep 6, 2004, at 5:35 AM, Helge K. Fauskanger wrote:

          > Funny...about the worst I have ever said about CFH is that he has a
          > major
          > problem with deadlines, even deadlines set by himself for himself --
          > and
          > since he has repeatedly stated these deadlines in public, this
          > observation
          > must be an objective fact rather than an insult.
          >
          > -HKF

          Helge, you've placed your own picture online: so, by your reasoning,
          any observations I would make about it could only be objective fact,
          never insult.

          Good to know.
        • ravenduongladash
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 8, 2004
            Actually (having finally got back on the list, maybe I should set the
            email option?) I would have to agree with Carl on this one. By
            definition their is no deadline for VT other than what the
            contributors and editors decide to set for it. Hence there is no
            real "deadline" that VT needs to fulfil and it would be apparent that
            any timeline posted by the ET would be an estimate.

            And incidentally there is very little native fruit you can eat here
            in Australia (vis-à-vis raspberries), not without much soaking,
            pounding, grinding and throwing away of the fruit and eating the
            implements...without dying. But this is kindof off-topic don't you
            agree?

            O well, back to work.

            caio
            Graeme