Re: My name... :P

  • Anja Johansson
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2004
      Hello again!

      Thank you so much everyone for all the replies. :) Amazing!

      Just one more question...or two. How exactly do we pronounce _noldo_? Is it really <nj>or is it the "ng"-sound in for instance "Boring"? I am a bit confused.

      Also, is there a way of knowing if an elvish word, say "Arwen" is pronounced with a thrilled r or not? I assume that Arwen has a thrilled r, but what about Aragorn or Elrond? Are there grammar for such things or do I just have to memorize everything? :P

      Hannon le!

      Anja aka LĂșthien
    • laurifindil
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Anja Johansson <anjjo615@s...>
        wrote:
        > Hello again!
        >
        > Thank you so much everyone for all the replies. :) Amazing!
        >
        > Just one more question...or two. How exactly do we pronounce
        _noldo_? Is it really <nj>or is it the "ng"-sound in for
        instance "Boring"? I am a bit confused.

        > Also, is there a way of knowing if an elvish word, say "Arwen" is
        >pronounced with a thrilled r or not? I assume that Arwen has a
        >thrilled r, but what about Aragorn or Elrond? Are there grammar for
        >such things or do I just have to memorize everything? :P

        All r's in Tolkien Elvish are thrilled.

        Read LOTR, appendix E and F, thank you.

        > Hannon le!

        That sentence is NOT Tolkien-Elvish.