Tengwar 1-Question

  • netdnd
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2002
      Encaitar "James"

      I roughly translated it. Is this right? Im pretty sure but not 100%
      sure.

      `VflE1E6

      is what i used with the Quenya font? Did I do it right?

      Food for thought, I was the 100th lost soul who joined this group :p

      hehe.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2002

        teithant netdnd

        > I roughly translated it. Is this right? Im pretty sure but not 100%

        sure.

        `VflE1E6

        is what i used with the Quenya font? Did I do it right?

        * yes.. thats "encaitar" in Quenya :))

      • shmerbal
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2002
          2 questions
          one what are you all talking about with the fonts??
          two how are figuring out your names in elvish??
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 3, 2002

            teithant shmerbal

            >one what are you all talking about with the fonts??

            * depends on the question of each newbie

            > two how are figuring out your names in elvish??

            * our names have a certain meaning.. usually our names are greek, latin, hebrew or germanic.. in order to make an Elven name we translate that meaning into Elvish..

            of course many like to pick characters from LOTR or Silmarillion, like me

          • shmerbal
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 3, 2002
              for the fonts i meant what ever the newest conversation thingy was on
              with the typing the confusion.....i dunno i dont feel like going to
              look and then having to retype this.
            • light_darkness_unity
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 13, 2006
                a new person for elfscript?
              • donalfredo132
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 10 6:33 PM
                  hi everybody i want to make my name in tattoo (in quenya or tengwar
                  cursive).is there anybody with the knowledge to make me a design???
                • Lakis Lalakis
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 11 12:24 AM
                    Yes, we have the knowledge.. but first make sure you know exactly what
                    you want. Tengwar cursive is a writing system to write the Quenya
                    language, therefore your description doesn't help us much to understand.
                    So, be more clear and some persons here will help you :)