Re: names

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2004
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, morwen_eledhwen@m... wrote:
      > Suil mellyn...
      > If you were to translate "Victoria" into Sindarin rather than
      Quenya, would it
      > be something like _Turwen_ (literally 'maiden of victory'),
      _Turien_, perhaps
      > _Turiel_ or _Tureth_ ??? What do you all think?

      Well, BMHO, *_Túrwen_ or *_Túriel_ with a long stem vowel.

      Lucy
    • victoria44082
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 13, 2004
        that's one of the answers i got, thank you so much. i really just
        wanted it to be right. i also tried writing just victoria out in
        elvish, but i thought if i was going to do it i may aswell do it
        properly and get a translation. when i looked up my name it had
        several versions for victoria, including Mapare and Ture. i just
        picked the one i liked the sound of most. i just have to go back to
        my goldsmith now. he nearly died when i showed him an example of
        what i wanted doing- seems to think it might be complicated. i think
        its good to have a challenge every now and then.
        thank you again

        victoria

        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "calwen76" <calwen.rudh@s...>