Re: [elfscript] Re: OT: Raspberries [was: The "following Y" tehta: above or below?]

  • Carl F.Hostetter
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 7, 2004
      On Aug 7, 2004, at 11:19 PM, Eris wrote:

      > Nonetheless, my assessment of the reactions to that provocation remain
      > valid.

      So you say. You seem to think that everyone in these forums has had
      exactly the same history and experiences as you and must accept the
      same received wisdom that you espouse. You seem unable to suppose that
      your claimed "correct way" has been tried, and failed. I dare say I've
      been in these forums considerably longer than most anyone else around,
      and in fact, I was silent in the face of the endless taunts of Helge,
      Salo, Star, et al. for a very long time, and you know what? It only
      served to let them feel they could slander us with impunity, and their
      lies became the received truth. Why? Because no one could be bothered
      to question their assertions or to call an ass an ass. So your
      assertedly superior way was long ago tried and proven to be a big fat
      failure. Now I'm doing it _my_ way, and will continue to do so, so long
      as Helge and his ilk keep up _their_ ways.

      YOU could do some good by calling Helge an ass when he is being one,
      instead of making excuses for him, which will IN FACT only encourage
      him. So long as you and your kind continue to ameliorate the
      environment for Helge's taunts and tactics, he will continue to avail
      himself of it. If you and others would do as I do, or as Lucy has had
      the discernment and sense to do, to see Helge for what he is and to
      make the environment hostile to his provocations and rhetoric, then you
      really might make a change for the better.

      ho bios brachys, he de techne makre.
      Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • ravenduongladash
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 22, 2004
        Speaking of showing _ass_itude? [perhaps you meant _assuetude_,
        _assiduate_?]
        I was beginning to think the great Carl had reformed and had taken
        his vitriol elsewhere.

        caio
        Graeme

        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Carl F.Hostetter <Aelfwine@e...>