Re: [elfscript] Re: OT: Raspberries [was: The "following Y" tehta: above or below?]

  • Carl F.Hostetter
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 7, 2004
      On Aug 7, 2004, at 10:30 PM, Eris wrote:

      > You know what? He was right.

      Er, NO, he wasn't. And from his desperate attempt to redefine "autumn"
      for the rest of the world in order to _be_ "right" springs his
      assitude.
    • Carl F.Hostetter
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 7, 2004
        On Aug 7, 2004, at 11:19 PM, Eris wrote:

        > Nonetheless, my assessment of the reactions to that provocation remain
        > valid.

        So you say. You seem to think that everyone in these forums has had
        exactly the same history and experiences as you and must accept the
        same received wisdom that you espouse. You seem unable to suppose that
        your claimed "correct way" has been tried, and failed. I dare say I've
        been in these forums considerably longer than most anyone else around,
        and in fact, I was silent in the face of the endless taunts of Helge,
        Salo, Star, et al. for a very long time, and you know what? It only
        served to let them feel they could slander us with impunity, and their
        lies became the received truth. Why? Because no one could be bothered
        to question their assertions or to call an ass an ass. So your
        assertedly superior way was long ago tried and proven to be a big fat
        failure. Now I'm doing it _my_ way, and will continue to do so, so long
        as Helge and his ilk keep up _their_ ways.

        YOU could do some good by calling Helge an ass when he is being one,
        instead of making excuses for him, which will IN FACT only encourage
        him. So long as you and your kind continue to ameliorate the
        environment for Helge's taunts and tactics, he will continue to avail
        himself of it. If you and others would do as I do, or as Lucy has had
        the discernment and sense to do, to see Helge for what he is and to
        make the environment hostile to his provocations and rhetoric, then you
        really might make a change for the better.

        ho bios brachys, he de techne makre.
        Ars longa, vita brevis.
      • ravenduongladash
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 22, 2004
          Speaking of showing _ass_itude? [perhaps you meant _assuetude_,
          _assiduate_?]
          I was beginning to think the great Carl had reformed and had taken
          his vitriol elsewhere.

          caio
          Graeme

          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Carl F.Hostetter <Aelfwine@e...>