Re: Fencing T-Shirts: "Don' Touch Me!"

  • i_degilbor
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 30, 2004
      Teithant Janice:
      > OK, I think that's an interesting idea. We however have no idea what it
      > would look like. Would you be able to send us a sample of a word done in
      > Calligraphy? Also, what would your fee be?

      I will work up a few ideas this weekend and send them out early during the week. Don't worry about a fee; this is just some fun stuff ... not "real work"! I'm not going to charge for something so uncomplicated. I do Elvish calligraphy because I enjoy it. If you want to see some samples of my tengwar calligraphy, I have some posted at two Polish sites:

      http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/andries.htm

      http://www.tengwar.art.pl/galeria.php

      Cuio mae, Danny.
    • Janice Steinheider
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2, 2004
        >I will work up a few ideas this weekend and send them out early during
        the week. Don't worry about a fee; this is just some fun stuff ... not
        "real work"! I'm not going to charge for something so
        uncomplicated. I do Elvish calligraphy because I enjoy it. If you want to
        see some samples of my tengwar calligraphy, I have some posted at two Polish
        sites:

        wow, that's gorgeous! We would love to use some of your calligraphy. Thanks
        so much. So if you just want to send some pieces to the address that I
        listed before, that would be super! We'd be happy to send you a t-shirt in
        return.

        We have another question for everyone. We found this great silhouette of
        Frodo which we were thinking about including on the shirt as well. We
        realize that Frodo doesn't speak in Elfish, but he worked well with The Lord
        of the Rings theme as well as the fencing theme. (We changed his sword to a
        fencing blade.) Do you think this would work? Or should we just leave him
        off. We thought about including Legolas, but his weapon just didn't work as
        well.

        Thanks,
        janice

      • Janice Steinheider
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 16, 2004
          Hello again.
          I just wanted to ask again if anyone would be interested in doing
          calligraphy for our elfin fencing t-shirt. I thought I had a volunteer but I
          haven't heard from him since! If you want to look at the text, it is at

          www.cahootsdesign.com/tengwartshirt

          Danny, if you still want to help us out that would be great! We already have
          an order for the shirt so if someone wants to do this we need it ASAP!

          If you need to send us the artwork you can send it to the following adress.
          WE would love to send you a free t-shirt in return!

          Cahoots Design Attn: Janice
          30 The Fenway
          Boston MA 02215

          >From: "i_degilbor" <Uialdil_i_degilbor@...>
          >To: elfscript@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [elfscript] Re: Fencing T-Shirts: "Don' Touch Me!"
          >Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:58:26 -0000
          >
          >Teithant Janice Steinheider:
          > > That's an interesting thought. Where would i find a calligrapher
          to do this
          > > for me? That could be very cool.
          >
          >There are several calligraphers on this list; I am one. I would be happy
          to help, if you'd like, but I would have to send you the artwork via snail
          mail because I don't have a scanner yet.