[elfscript] Ruumil's Tengwar

  • Ales Bican
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2000
      To bring a discussion to this list...

      Feanor's tengwar are said to be influenced by Ruumil's ones.
      Is known how they looked like?

      -ld-
    • estgaido@ba.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2000
        > Feanor's tengwar are said to be influenced by Ruumil's ones.
        > Is known how they looked like?
        In http://user.tninet.se/~xof995c/sarati.htm there is a description of
        them, I don't know in which Tolkien books the examples are, though.
        Angasule
      • Ales Bican
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 29, 2000
          estgaido@... wrote:

          > > Feanor's tengwar are said to be influenced by Ruumil's ones.
          > > Is known how they looked like?
          > In http://user.tninet.se/~xof995c/sarati.htm there is a description of
          > them, I don't know in which Tolkien books the examples are, though.

          **They look interesting, show some rules, but unfortunately we don't
          know how to write with them in Quenya : (
          ---
          In Silm ch. 6 it's said that: "[Ruumil first achieved the signs] some for
          graving upon metal or in stone, others for drawing with brush or
          with pen."
          Does it mean that Ruumil devised his runes?

          -ld-