Re: Writing English with the Cirth?

  • machhezan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2004
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "olorane" <melian@s...> wrote:
      > I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before, but I
      > can't find anything, so: sorry to bother you with it again, but:
      > What mode is used when writing English with the Cirth? And is the
      > method similar to the Tengwar modes for English? Up to this point
      > I've only been interested in writing Quenya with the Tengwar, so
      > any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks :)

      You're lucky, since almost all the Cirth samples are actually written
      in English. There's even a large sample of a phonetic mode, including
      a chart of it. However, you'll have to find out about the English
      uses by yourself, since for what I knwo, the internet resources
      normally concentrate on the several (mostly unattested) Middle-Earth
      modes Lucy has pointed out.

      g_0ry@_^s: