Two questions

  • eamner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2004
      Hello. I hope you can help me with this:
      1. I uploaded an image called yavannie2004 to the "files" folder in
      this group. Would you check it and tell me if that's a correct way
      of writing "Yavannië, 2004"? (September, 2004).
      2. I know that the quenya word for "Valley" is _nande_ but, how
      could I say something like "from the valley" or "of the valley"? For
      example, "Joe of the valley"?

      Thanks in advance.
      Eric.
    • j.pfleger@gmx.at
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2004
        Aiya Eric!

        eamner wrote:

        > Hello. I hope you can help me with this:
        > 1. I uploaded an image called yavannie2004 to the "files" folder in
        > this group. Would you check it and tell me if that's a correct way
        > of writing "Yavannië, 2004"? (September, 2004).

        Yes, this looks perfectly correct. (I am not "fluent" with the
        duodecimal system but my calculator says its right ;) )

        > 2. I know that the quenya word for "Valley" is _nande_ but, how
        > could I say something like "from the valley" or "of the valley"? For
        > example, "Joe of the valley"?

        I would use the Ablative case (suffix -llo) for saying
        "of/from the valley": _nandello_

        HTH, Namárie,
        Johanna

        --
        +++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
        GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2004
          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, j.pfleger@g... wrote:

          > I would use the Ablative case (suffix -llo) for saying
          > "of/from the valley": _nandello_
          >
          > HTH, Namárie,
          > Johanna

          Nice suggestion Johanna. Thank you very much. I think it'll work.
          Greetings.
          Eric.