Re: help once again. quenya style

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2004
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Ford" <dodoubleg85741@y...> wrote:
      > after going over with my friends we have also decided to look at
      the
      > quenya style of sworn brothers. they have otorno, for sworn
      > brother, or otornasse. the only question i have is, is the e at
      the
      > end of otornasse silent or sound like a 'y'? in other words does it
      > have 3 syllables or 4? thanks again for your help. Ford

      _otornasse_ means 'brotherhood' - all 'E's in Quenya are
      voiced/pronounced, maybe _otornassë_ would look more understandable.
      This E is pronounced as in English _neck_.

      _otorno_ is a singular form, _otornor_ would be plural.

      And don't forget that in Quenya, the vowels (omatehtar) should go
      above the preceeding tengwar.