Re: [elfscript] Re: Tengwar crack 2 - add.

  • Aethelwyn408@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2004
      In a message dated 6/1/2004 12:13:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      calwen.rudh@... writes:
      It's nothing much but it's the only fine art I can produce :))
      To Lucy:
      Fine art indeed, it's beautiful!
      To me, it has an "Old World" feeling about it.

      To everyone:
      This thought just occured to me:

      This is another example of beautiful tengwar art scattered around on the net
      and here at this group, so we know what people are capable of. It would be
      nice to see more of that comleted work, _not_ hiding in the "files",(which might
      be better for seeking critique) but for display in the "pictures" section. I
      don't know how others feel about it, but i'd much rather see those than pics
      of Legolas! Not that there's anything wrong with him really, (and i'm not
      saying take them off or anything...) but this is Elfscript, right?

      I don't know how hard it would be to do this. Some people are shy about it
      maybe? Some people, like me, (darn it!) don't have a scanner.

      ...or maybe a seperate Elfscript webpage where people could put their art,
      articles, whatever. Sort of a combined effort thing. A central hub. I know
      other groups out there have them. Again i don't know difficult this would be to
      do, or if anyone is even interested.

      Just a thought anyway...

      Adele

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2004
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Aethelwyn408@a... wrote:
        > It would be nice to see more of that comleted work, _not_ hiding in
        > the "files",(which might be better for seeking critique) but for
        > display in the "pictures" section.

        I think there is such a place, on Gwaith-i-Phethdain:

        http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/language1.htm#calligraphy

        Lucy

        p.s. Thanks for the answer. :)
      • machhezan
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 2, 2004
          After her compliment on Lucy's beautiful art-work, Adele suggested:
          > It would be nice to see more of that comleted work, _not_ hiding in
          > the "files",(which might be better for seeking critique) but for
          > display in the "pictures" section.

          Lucy answered:
          > I think there is such a place, on Gwaith-i-Phethdain:
          >
          > http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/language1.htm#calligraphy

          That's not public, as you can see at the very bottom of that page:

          http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/language1.htm#members

        • Aethelwyn408@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 3, 2004
            In a message dated 6/2/2004 1:05:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
            machhezan@... writes:
            That's not public, as you can see at the very bottom of that page:

            http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/language1.htm#members
            Oh bummer..."The way is shut..." For what it's worth, i'd make us a
            page/site for showcasing people's work if i knew how to do it. Our pictures section
            is okay, and the "slideshow" feature is nice albeit the images move by too
            quickly. Maybe i'm just being obsessive:)

            Adele