Re: Tengwar crack 2 - add.

    Message 1 of 11 , May 31, 2004
      So, if you'd like to see the result ...

      It's nothing much but it's the only fine art I can produce :))

      Enjoy, Lucy
    • Aethelwyn408@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2004
        In a message dated 6/1/2004 12:13:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
        calwen.rudh@... writes:
        It's nothing much but it's the only fine art I can produce :))
        To Lucy:
        Fine art indeed, it's beautiful!
        To me, it has an "Old World" feeling about it.

        To everyone:
        This thought just occured to me:

        This is another example of beautiful tengwar art scattered around on the net
        and here at this group, so we know what people are capable of. It would be
        nice to see more of that comleted work, _not_ hiding in the "files",(which might
        be better for seeking critique) but for display in the "pictures" section. I
        don't know how others feel about it, but i'd much rather see those than pics
        of Legolas! Not that there's anything wrong with him really, (and i'm not
        saying take them off or anything...) but this is Elfscript, right?

        I don't know how hard it would be to do this. Some people are shy about it
        maybe? Some people, like me, (darn it!) don't have a scanner.

        ...or maybe a seperate Elfscript webpage where people could put their art,
        articles, whatever. Sort of a combined effort thing. A central hub. I know
        other groups out there have them. Again i don't know difficult this would be to
        do, or if anyone is even interested.

        Just a thought anyway...

        Adele

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 2, 2004
          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Aethelwyn408@a... wrote:
          > It would be nice to see more of that comleted work, _not_ hiding in
          > the "files",(which might be better for seeking critique) but for
          > display in the "pictures" section.

          I think there is such a place, on Gwaith-i-Phethdain:

          http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/language1.htm#calligraphy

          Lucy

          p.s. Thanks for the answer. :)
        • machhezan
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 2, 2004
            After her compliment on Lucy's beautiful art-work, Adele suggested:
            > It would be nice to see more of that comleted work, _not_ hiding in
            > the "files",(which might be better for seeking critique) but for
            > display in the "pictures" section.

            Lucy answered:
            > I think there is such a place, on Gwaith-i-Phethdain:
            >
            > http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/language1.htm#calligraphy

            That's not public, as you can see at the very bottom of that page:

            http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/language1.htm#members

          • Aethelwyn408@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 3, 2004
              In a message dated 6/2/2004 1:05:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
              machhezan@... writes:
              That's not public, as you can see at the very bottom of that page:

              http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/language1.htm#members
              Oh bummer..."The way is shut..." For what it's worth, i'd make us a
              page/site for showcasing people's work if i knew how to do it. Our pictures section
              is okay, and the "slideshow" feature is nice albeit the images move by too
              quickly. Maybe i'm just being obsessive:)

              Adele