Tengwar crack 2

    Message 1 of 11 , May 26, 2004
      Hello everybody!

      Here's another (although very small) Tengwar crack, it is a small
      part of a song by a Czech band (singing in English though):

      groups.yahoo.com/group/elfscript/files/calwen76/SL_lyrix.gif

      I'd be very happy if you could check it and correct errors, my friend
      asked me to draw him one of my favorite mandalas and he wants to
      include these parts into it.

      Thanks a bunch!

      lucy
      Message 2 of 11 , May 26, 2004
        > Hello everybody!
        >
        > Here's another (although very small) Tengwar crack, it is a small
        > part of a song by a Czech band (singing in English though):
        >
        > groups.yahoo.com/group/elfscript/files/calwen76/SL_lyrix.gif
        >
        > I'd be very happy if you could check it and correct errors, my
        friend
        > asked me to draw him one of my favorite mandalas and he wants to
        > include these parts into it.
        >
        > Thanks a bunch!
        >
        > lucy

        Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to add that the red omatehtar in _feelings_
        (E) and _blood_ (O) should have been doubled but I am not able to put
        the omatehtar twice above one tengwa, although I'd like to do so when
        writing it myself. And I could say what it's supposed to read:

        Tell me about your feelings in wild rain
        Tell me about what blood runs in your veins
        Morning wakes me up you're in my mind
        And the only way to heal is take a time

        The lyrics don't go exactly like this in the very song but he likes
        exactly those lines, so I have to conform him. :)

        And this link could have been better, huh?:

        thanks, folks,
        Lucy
      • i_degilbor
        Message 3 of 11 , May 26, 2004
          Teithant Calwen Rûdh:
          > I'd be very happy if you could check it and correct errors
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/elfscript/files/calwen76/SL_lyrix.gif

          Very good! There are only three words I would change:
          'rain' - 'ai' is written the same way as 'ay' ... anna + triple dots.
          'veins' - similarly, 'ei' should be anna + acute accent.
          'wakes' - there should be a single dot below the quesse.

          Other than those three points, it is the way that I would transcribe
          it.

          > I am not able to put the omatehtar twice above one tengwa

          No? When using the Tengwar Annatar font, j$F gives me lambe + double
          acute accent, and 2^H produces ando + double right curl. Try those
          and see if they work for you.

          Message 4 of 11 , May 27, 2004
            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "i_degilbor"
            <Uialdil_i_degilbor@m...> wrote:
            > Very good! There are only three words I would change:
            > 'rain' - 'ai' is written the same way as 'ay' ... anna + triple
            dots.
            > 'veins' - similarly, 'ei' should be anna + acute accent.
            > 'wakes' - there should be a single dot below the quesse.
            >
            > Other than those three points, it is the way that I would
            > transcribe it.

            Oh, thanks! I've corrected it (see the same file, if interested)

            > > I am not able to put the omatehtar twice above one tengwa
            >
            > No? When using the Tengwar Annatar font, j$F gives me lambe +
            double
            > acute accent, and 2^H produces ando + double right curl. Try those
            > and see if they work for you.

            Well, sure they did... :)

            thanks a lot!
            Lucy
          • machhezan
            Message 5 of 11 , May 27, 2004
              I like the transcription!

              Why do I see little points on the nuumen in _rain_ and _veins_? There
              shouldn't be any.

              _Heal_ might be transcribed with stemless calma + acute as in DTS 62.
              It's the spelling I prefer since it conforms with the general
              tendency of tengwar use that only one vowel sign per syllable is
              used. However, your transcription is attested as well.

              grüess
              Message 6 of 11 , May 27, 2004
                --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "machhezan" <machhezan@g...> wrote:
                > I like the transcription!
                >
                > Why do I see little points on the nuumen in _rain_ and _veins_?

                Because I forgot to erase them :) Thanks!

                Message 7 of 11 , May 31, 2004
                  So, if you'd like to see the result ...

                  It's nothing much but it's the only fine art I can produce :))

                  Enjoy, Lucy
                • Aethelwyn408@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 1, 2004
                    In a message dated 6/1/2004 12:13:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
                    calwen.rudh@... writes:
                    It's nothing much but it's the only fine art I can produce :))
                    To Lucy:
                    Fine art indeed, it's beautiful!
                    To me, it has an "Old World" feeling about it.

                    To everyone:
                    This thought just occured to me:

                    This is another example of beautiful tengwar art scattered around on the net
                    and here at this group, so we know what people are capable of. It would be
                    nice to see more of that comleted work, _not_ hiding in the "files",(which might
                    be better for seeking critique) but for display in the "pictures" section. I
                    don't know how others feel about it, but i'd much rather see those than pics
                    of Legolas! Not that there's anything wrong with him really, (and i'm not
                    saying take them off or anything...) but this is Elfscript, right?

                    I don't know how hard it would be to do this. Some people are shy about it
                    maybe? Some people, like me, (darn it!) don't have a scanner.

                    ...or maybe a seperate Elfscript webpage where people could put their art,
                    articles, whatever. Sort of a combined effort thing. A central hub. I know
                    other groups out there have them. Again i don't know difficult this would be to
                    do, or if anyone is even interested.

                    Just a thought anyway...

                    Adele

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 2, 2004
                      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Aethelwyn408@a... wrote:
                      > It would be nice to see more of that comleted work, _not_ hiding in
                      > the "files",(which might be better for seeking critique) but for
                      > display in the "pictures" section.

                      I think there is such a place, on Gwaith-i-Phethdain:

                      http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/language1.htm#calligraphy

                      Lucy

                      p.s. Thanks for the answer. :)
                    • machhezan
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 2, 2004
                        After her compliment on Lucy's beautiful art-work, Adele suggested:
                        > It would be nice to see more of that comleted work, _not_ hiding in
                        > the "files",(which might be better for seeking critique) but for
                        > display in the "pictures" section.

                        Lucy answered:
                        > I think there is such a place, on Gwaith-i-Phethdain:
                        >
                        > http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/language1.htm#calligraphy

                        That's not public, as you can see at the very bottom of that page:

                        http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/language1.htm#members

                      • Aethelwyn408@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 3, 2004
                          In a message dated 6/2/2004 1:05:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
                          machhezan@... writes:
                          That's not public, as you can see at the very bottom of that page:

                          http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/language1.htm#members
                          Oh bummer..."The way is shut..." For what it's worth, i'd make us a
                          page/site for showcasing people's work if i knew how to do it. Our pictures section
                          is okay, and the "slideshow" feature is nice albeit the images move by too
                          quickly. Maybe i'm just being obsessive:)

                          Adele