Re: [elfscript] Re: I am getting a tattoo for my 36th B-day - please confirm follow up

    Message 1 of 12 , May 12 12:59 PM
      > PS WHat would Lindath (host of tunes) look like.

      One detail: The form *_lindath_ could appear in archaic Sindarin, but in
      Frodo's day the current form would long have been *_linnath_.

      As a translation of "music", the attested form _lind_ "air, tune" is
      perhaps good enough. Another possible abstract formation could be
      *_linnas_.

      - HKF
      Message 2 of 12 , May 13 12:24 AM
        <helge.fauskanger@n...> wrote:
        > > PS WHat would Lindath (host of tunes) look like.
        >
        > One detail: The form *_lindath_ could appear in archaic Sindarin,
        but in
        > Frodo's day the current form would long have been *_linnath_.
        >
        > As a translation of "music", the attested form _lind_ "air, tune" is
        > perhaps good enough. Another possible abstract formation could be
        > *_linnas_.
        >
        > - HKF

        Yes, that is exactly the same I've mentioned in my post 3784 while
        correcting my previous suggestions. :)

        thanks for actually confirming my ideas.

        lucy