Re: Quenya birthday greeting - help

  • i_degilbor
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2004
      Teithant Calwen Rûdh:
      > _Nalye oi/voro/illuma sílala eleninya/élinya_.
      >
      > I'd like to ask you to check this pic of the transcript I prepared:

      2 corrections:
      _oi_ should be spelt as yanta + right curl, not as tehtar over
      separate short carriers. 'oi' is a diphthong in Quenya.

      _voro_ should be spelt vala + right curl - rómen + right curl.
      Quenya 'v' is spelt as vala (if v < b) or vilya (if v < w). Ampa
      is 'mp' in Quenya mode.

      Cuio mae, Danny.
    • i_degilbor
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2004
        Oh, one more thing: _sílala_ should probably be spelt with silme
        rather than súle.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2004
          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "i_degilbor"
          <Uialdil_i_degilbor@m...> wrote:
          > Oh, one more thing: _sílala_ should probably be spelt with silme
          > rather than súle.

          Thanks a lot, Danny. Lucy