Quenya birthday greeting - help

    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2004
      Suilannon *degilborath,

      there is an e-mail sent by Tim to me with an ask for help with
      translation and transcription of this sentence: 'You are my always
      shining star'. I got help on Elfling with the Quenya translation of
      _Nalye oi/voro/illuma sílala eleninya/élinya_.

      I'd like to ask you to check this pic of the transcript I prepared:

      It's for his wife's birthday - of today :)

      Thanks!

      Lucy
    • i_degilbor
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2004
        Teithant Calwen Rûdh:
        > _Nalye oi/voro/illuma sílala eleninya/élinya_.
        >
        > I'd like to ask you to check this pic of the transcript I prepared:

        2 corrections:
        _oi_ should be spelt as yanta + right curl, not as tehtar over
        separate short carriers. 'oi' is a diphthong in Quenya.

        _voro_ should be spelt vala + right curl - rómen + right curl.
        Quenya 'v' is spelt as vala (if v < b) or vilya (if v < w). Ampa
        is 'mp' in Quenya mode.

        Cuio mae, Danny.
      • i_degilbor
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2004
          Oh, one more thing: _sílala_ should probably be spelt with silme
          rather than súle.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2004
            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "i_degilbor"
            <Uialdil_i_degilbor@m...> wrote:
            > Oh, one more thing: _sílala_ should probably be spelt with silme
            > rather than súle.

            Thanks a lot, Danny. Lucy