Help with words

  • Marie Bonjour
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28, 2004
      So, I want to get the following words in Elvish and I was directed
      to this site for help with seeing if the words are right. They are
      potentially for a tattoo, so I obviously want it to be correct.

      I used a translation website that gave me what I need to type into
      Word using the elvish script fonts.

      The first word is "worthy" and this is what I have for the font -
      y6Y3`Û. Is this right?

      The second word is "grace" and I have this - x7iE`V.

      Are these right and if they aren't would someone be able to help me
      find the right keys I need to type in order to get the proper
      scripting.

      Thanks for the help.
    • i_degilbor
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 28, 2004
        Teithant TMarie Bonjour:
        > So, I want to get the following words in Elvish and I was directed
        > to this site for help with seeing if the words are right. They are
        > potentially for a tattoo, so I obviously want it to be correct.
        >
        > I used a translation website that gave me what I need to type into
        > Word using the elvish script fonts.
        >
        > The first word is "worthy" and this is what I have for the font -
        > y6Y3`Û. Is this right?
        >
        > The second word is "grace" and I have this - x7iE`V.
        >
        > Are these right and if they aren't would someone be able to help
        me
        > find the right keys I need to type in order to get the proper
        > scripting.

        That wasn't a 'translation' website; it was a transcriber. The words
        you'll have will not be in Elvish, but rather in English written
        with tengwar, or Elvish letters. The transcriptions are almost
        right.

        For 'worthy', it should be y6Y4`Û. The 'th' is voiced, so '4' needs
        to be used instead of '3'.

        For 'grace', it should be x7IE( . The 'e' it silent, so '9' (the
        under dot) should be used instead of `V. The alternate silme
        nuquerna (I) looks better with the under dot than the regular one
        (i).

        Cuio mae, Danny.
      • Marie Bonjour
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29, 2004
          Thanks a lot...

          Would you be able to help me get the words in Elvish? I would love to reall=
          y have it in
          Elvish, not just English with elvish font. That would be sweet! I found out=
          that grace is
          "erunna" and worthy is "valda".

          Cheers

          Marie

          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "i_degilbor" <Uialdil_i_degilbor@m...> wr=
          ote:
          > Teithant TMarie Bonjour:
          > > So, I want to get the following words in Elvish and I was directed
          > > to this site for help with seeing if the words are right. They are
          > > potentially for a tattoo, so I obviously want it to be correct.
          > >
          > > I used a translation website that gave me what I need to type into
          > > Word using the elvish script fonts.
          > >
          > > The first word is "worthy" and this is what I have for the font -
          > > y6Y3`Û. Is this right?
          > >
          > > The second word is "grace" and I have this - x7iE`V.
          > >
          > > Are these right and if they aren't would someone be able to help
          > me
          > > find the right keys I need to type in order to get the proper
          > > scripting.
          > >
          > That wasn't a 'translation' website; it was a transcriber. The words
          > you'll have will not be in Elvish, but rather in English written
          > with tengwar, or Elvish letters. The transcriptions are almost
          > right.
          >
          > For 'worthy', it should be y6Y4`Û. The 'th' is voiced, so '4' needs
          > to be used instead of '3'.
          >
          > For 'grace', it should be x7IE( . The 'e' it silent, so '9' (the
          > under dot) should be used instead of `V. The alternate silme
          > nuquerna (I) looks better with the under dot than the regular one
          > (i).
          >
          > Cuio mae, Danny.
        • i_degilbor
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 29, 2004
            Teithant Mariebonjour:
            > Would you be able to help me get the words in Elvish? I would love
            to reall=
            > y have it in
            > Elvish, not just English with elvish font. That would be sweet! I
            found out=
            > that grace is
            > "erunna" and worthy is "valda".

            'Grace' is _Eruanna_, not _Erunna_. Here are the keystrokes:

            _Eruanna_ - `V7U`C5:#

            _valda_ - yEm#

            Cuio mae, Danny.
          • Marie Bonjour
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 29, 2004
              Thanks so much, dude. This helps me out a lot. You're a rocker...

              Marie