Re: Thirteen translation

  • machhezan
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 20, 2004
      Danny wrote:
      > Obviously the acute accent cannot be used to 'dot' the I tengwa in the
      > Sindarin full writing modes since the acute accent functions as the
      > andaith in these modes.

      Neither in the phonetic English full writing modes that also use
      andaith. Additionally, the point above the short carrier is obligatory
      in these modes, since they eventually distinguish: carrier without
      tehta - carrier with point - carrier with andaith.

      Note that in this specific mode, DTS 24 and 25, the short and the long
      carrier seem to be but variants, the latter used only at the beginning
      or at the ending of a word.