Re: _Journey_ in Tengwar

  • George LeNet
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 15, 2004
      > I've exposed such an explanation that favours vala and reserves the
      > use of the separate short carrier for proper names.

      Certainly possible. But I think there's a simpler explanation. I
      always prefered thinking of it "as a man from Gondor would write."
      The way that inscription is written would certainly fit the
      description in Appendix E, where it is described as being written by
      someone "hesitating between familiar values in his mode and the
      _traditional spelling of English_." The split form would certainly
      follow traditional English spelling better than the one digraph form
      of _Vala_+o-tehta. Your explanation seems to be more complicated than
      need be.

      Each to their own opinions I suppose.

      -Geo.