Elfscript transcription urgently needed for anniversary

  • fouleviltemptress
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2004
      I am wanting to get a tattoo or necklace of "Roccondilmë ar
      Poldon : melinyel" for my anniversary. I am using the online tengwar
      transcriber at http://mimas.ceti.pl/tengwar/ott/start.php and am
      assuming it is accurate. However the "ë" appears as a rectangular box,
      which I know isn't right.
      I have been doing research for about a month now for this, but
      unfortunately all the sources Ive been using have been incorrect. I've
      just found out and believe "Roccondilmë ar Poldon : melinyel" is the
      correct way to say "Phillippa and Brian : I love you".

      I despirately need this transcribing into Tengwar text, as I need it
      by our anniversary which is Thursday coming up.

      ***To transcribe into Tengwar: "Roccondilmë ar Poldon : melinyel"***

      I know Ive left this a bit late to ask, but if anyone can transcribe
      this for me I'd be eternally grateful.

      Please help.
      Phillippa

      p.s. please attatch file and email to fouleviltemptress@... OR
      post on files and tell me its there!
    • machhezan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2004
        In your transcription, you should replace the sequence númen + anna
        that represents the _ny_ of the word _melinyel_ by a single noldo, as
        attested in the Quenya text of DTS 38.

        (For the letter's names, see:
        http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/teng_names.htm )

        However, the transcription Lucy's given might be preferrable.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2004
          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "machhezan" <machhezan@g...> wrote:
          > In your transcription, you should replace the sequence númen + anna
          > that represents the _ny_ of the word _melinyel_ by a single noldo,
          as
          > attested in the Quenya text of DTS 38.
          >
          > (For the letter's names, see:
          > http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/teng_names.htm )

          I added the _melinyel_ too although I'm no Quenya student... :) The
          pic name: Phillippa.gif found in Files/calwen76