Re: could someone please help me

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2004
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "stardykb" <stardykb@y...> wrote:
      > My husband died last year leaving me with 2 young sons who are
      > obsessed with Lord of the Rings. I had a tattoo designed with all
      > four of our names on it but they are determined i should have it
      > written in elvish! This is all new to me and looks very
      complicated!
      > I looked in a name book translator and our names translate into
      > Neil - Arato
      > Kelly - Ohtatyare
      > Joseph - Eruantano
      > William - Niracas
      > I think this is the quenya dialect which seemed to have the most
      > websites surrounding it. I would love it if someone would print it
      > into elfscript for me, it really would mean a lot. If this is not
      > possible, could you direct me to the best sites for me to look at
      > (and the easiest,as i said this is all new to me!).
      >
      > Thanks for your help
      > Kelly xxxx

      Hello Kelly,
      I tried to write these names in Quenya - Tengwar:

      Neil - Arato - the second A is long: _Aráto_
      Kelly - Ohtatyare
      Joseph - Eruantano
      William - Niracas - the I is long as well: _Níracas_

      If someone could check it, that would be great since I'm still
      learning it...

      Lucy
    • d_daniel_andries@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2004
        Teithant Calwen Rûdh:
        >Neil - Arato - the second A is long: _Aráto_
        >Kelly - Ohtatyare
        >Joseph - Eruantano
        >William - Niracas - the I is long as well: _Níracas_
        >If someone could check it, that would be great since I'm still
        >learning it.

        Two corrections:
        Ohtatyare - the 'h' should be written as 'aha', not 'hyarmen' (before
        't', 'h' = [x]).

        Níracas - the 's' should be written as 'silme' rather than 'silme
        nuquerna' since it bears no tehta.

        Cuio mae, Danny.
      • Melroch 'Aestan
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2004
          At 08:13 2.4.2004 -0600, d_daniel_andries@... wrote:

          > >William - Niracas - the I is long as well: _Níracas_

          I translate my son's name William as _Mercas*_ in Quenya
          and as _Merthol*_ in Sindarin. Granted I wanted something
          in M- to alliterate with _Melarocco*/Melroch*_.

          /BP 8^)
          --
          B.Philip Jonsson mailto:melrochX@... (delete X)
          A h-ammen ledin i phith! \ \

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2004
            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, d_daniel_andries@w... wrote:
            > Teithant Calwen Rûdh:

            > >Neil - Arato - the second A is long: _Aráto_
            > >Kelly - Ohtatyare
            > >Joseph - Eruantano
            > >William - Niracas - the I is long as well: _Níracas_
            > >If someone could check it, that would be great since I'm still
            > >learning it.
            >
            > Two corrections:
            > Ohtatyare - the 'h' should be written as 'aha', not 'hyarmen'
            (before

            Oh, didn't realize that, I know nothing much about Quenya...

            > Níracas - the 's' should be written as 'silme' rather than 'silme
            > nuquerna' since it bears no tehta.

            Sure, stupid mistake.

            Thanks, Danny. I changed the pic, it's correct now (I hope). The link
            stays the same.