Re: [elfscript] Re: the Sarati

  • Måns Björkman
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 16, 2001
      Abrigon wrote:

      > I wonder what sort of script would work best for Quenya. Tengwar and
      > what form? Or another script altogether.
      >
      > The question of the Sarati, likely Sarati is not for Quenya, but for
      > the lingo(sp) of the Vala?

      Both the Sarati and the Tengwar were originally designed with Quenya in
      mind: both were invented by Quenya-speaking Noldor. The Sarati in the
      form we know it from the "Turin Prose Fragment", however, is used for
      English, and it is quite possible that some other version of the script
      was used for Rúmil's own language.

      The Tengwar, on the other hand, are quite safe to use for Quenya, since
      there are a number of examples -- though one will usually want to use
      one of the specific Quenya modes. A simplified description of such a
      mode can be found at http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html

      Yrs,

      Måns

      --