could someone please help me

  • stardykb
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 6:52 AM
      My husband died last year leaving me with 2 young sons who are
      obsessed with Lord of the Rings. I had a tattoo designed with all
      four of our names on it but they are determined i should have it
      written in elvish! This is all new to me and looks very complicated!
      I looked in a name book translator and our names translate into
      Neil - Arato
      Kelly - Ohtatyare
      Joseph - Eruantano
      William - Niracas
      I think this is the quenya dialect which seemed to have the most
      websites surrounding it. I would love it if someone would print it
      into elfscript for me, it really would mean a lot. If this is not
      possible, could you direct me to the best sites for me to look at
      (and the easiest,as i said this is all new to me!).

      Thanks for your help
      Kelly xxxx
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2 12:02 AM
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "stardykb" <stardykb@y...> wrote:
        > My husband died last year leaving me with 2 young sons who are
        > obsessed with Lord of the Rings. I had a tattoo designed with all
        > four of our names on it but they are determined i should have it
        > written in elvish! This is all new to me and looks very
        complicated!
        > I looked in a name book translator and our names translate into
        > Neil - Arato
        > Kelly - Ohtatyare
        > Joseph - Eruantano
        > William - Niracas
        > I think this is the quenya dialect which seemed to have the most
        > websites surrounding it. I would love it if someone would print it
        > into elfscript for me, it really would mean a lot. If this is not
        > possible, could you direct me to the best sites for me to look at
        > (and the easiest,as i said this is all new to me!).
        >
        > Thanks for your help
        > Kelly xxxx

        Hello Kelly,
        I tried to write these names in Quenya - Tengwar:

        Neil - Arato - the second A is long: _Aráto_
        Kelly - Ohtatyare
        Joseph - Eruantano
        William - Niracas - the I is long as well: _Níracas_

        If someone could check it, that would be great since I'm still
        learning it...

        Lucy
      • d_daniel_andries@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2 6:13 AM
          Teithant Calwen Rûdh:
          >Neil - Arato - the second A is long: _Aráto_
          >Kelly - Ohtatyare
          >Joseph - Eruantano
          >William - Niracas - the I is long as well: _Níracas_
          >If someone could check it, that would be great since I'm still
          >learning it.

          Two corrections:
          Ohtatyare - the 'h' should be written as 'aha', not 'hyarmen' (before
          't', 'h' = [x]).

          Níracas - the 's' should be written as 'silme' rather than 'silme
          nuquerna' since it bears no tehta.

          Cuio mae, Danny.
        • Melroch 'Aestan
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2 10:49 AM
            At 08:13 2.4.2004 -0600, d_daniel_andries@... wrote:

            > >William - Niracas - the I is long as well: _Níracas_

            I translate my son's name William as _Mercas*_ in Quenya
            and as _Merthol*_ in Sindarin. Granted I wanted something
            in M- to alliterate with _Melarocco*/Melroch*_.

            /BP 8^)
            --
            B.Philip Jonsson mailto:melrochX@... (delete X)
            A h-ammen ledin i phith! \ \

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4 11:58 PM
              --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, d_daniel_andries@w... wrote:
              > Teithant Calwen Rûdh:

              > >Neil - Arato - the second A is long: _Aráto_
              > >Kelly - Ohtatyare
              > >Joseph - Eruantano
              > >William - Niracas - the I is long as well: _Níracas_
              > >If someone could check it, that would be great since I'm still
              > >learning it.
              >
              > Two corrections:
              > Ohtatyare - the 'h' should be written as 'aha', not 'hyarmen'
              (before

              Oh, didn't realize that, I know nothing much about Quenya...

              > Níracas - the 's' should be written as 'silme' rather than 'silme
              > nuquerna' since it bears no tehta.

              Sure, stupid mistake.

              Thanks, Danny. I changed the pic, it's correct now (I hope). The link
              stays the same.