Re: Tengwar

  • Abrigon
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 15, 2001
      http://www.anu.edu.au/asianstudies/hindi/alphabet/

      http://www.ajeyabharat.com/slogans_hindi.html

      For ideas on what it looks like, for possible comparison with
      Tengwar..

      I do know that many of the lingos of India, and SE and to a degree NE
      of India are based on fully or partially on the script that Sanskrit
      used.. Some are harder to tell the origin, especially by the time you
      get to Java and their script is very curvy.

      Mike
    • Nicole Mate
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 13, 2004
        Hi,
        I know you all get annoyed by random translation requests, but I need a little help. I have a phrase translated into Sindarian and Quenya and I need each transcribed into Tengwar (and actually, if anyone has time, could you check the translations I have - I am almost positive they're right, but you never know). I have tried in so many different places to transcribe these or download a font, but nothing I am doing seems to work. If any of you can help me, or tell me what I can do to do it myself, I would be incredibly grateful. Thanks! The phrase is �see my pain�, here are the translations I already have.
        Quenya - � cen� nwalmenya or c�n� naicenya
        Sindarian - ceno naeg n�n. or ceno i naeg n�n.

        Once again, Thank you!